Saturday, January 31, 2009

Quote

I found this great quote that I just had to share with everyone.

"Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate then we are, we should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men. It then appears that we are among the privileged" Helen Keller

I have a tenancy to compare myself to others and think that I don't have what they have, or I want what they have. In the end I do realize that I am blessed to have what I do have, even if I'm not as skinny or as pretty as someone else at least I have my health and my life. At least I have the wonderful family that I do have, that I love with all my heart.

I was once told that you may think its greener on the other side until you get there then you realize that its just like the side you were on before.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

what a good thing to remember. I think if all you look for is all the positive things, then that is all you see.